We're looking for a Senior Trusts and Foundations Officer to join Your Place and be part of our dedicated team to help us with our mission to solve homelessness in east London, one person at a time!
About the role
Based within the Fundraising and Communications team, this
role will work across trusts, foundations, statutory and corporate income
streams to secure grant funding and corporate donations. You will work with the
team to enable us to meet our ambitious targets to support the delivery and
growth of our charity and work.
The role will include working with a pipeline of existing and prospect funders, cultivating and developing these relationships, to secure grants and donations. You will identify opportunities, produce and submit compelling proposals in line with the charity's needs and goals, and ensure all reporting and project evaluations are completed.
You will be responsible for working with colleagues to significantly increase income and other support from these areas, in line with the overall fundraising targets and the organisational strategy. The role will work closely with the wider Fundraising and Communications Team, finance team and other colleagues.
Salary: £31000 - £37000 annual salary
Hours: 37.5 - Monday to Friday
Location: Hybrid/ 81 barking road
Other responsibilities include
- Work as part of the team to implement and deliver against a fundraising income strategy for the charity ensuring long-term income growth to support our charitable goals.
- Research funding opportunities with existing funders and new opportunities, from trusts, foundations, statutory and corporate sources, primarily grant funding though it may include corporate donations.
- Produce compelling asks and proposals in line with the charity's objectives and the funders requirements and guidelines.
- Source and review budget information with the Finance team and liaise with team members across the organisation to ensure accurate proposals meeting the charity's needs as well as impactful reports are submitted within deadlines.
- Keep track of progress against agreed outcomes throughout the funding period, highlighting action needed where necessary, in preparation for the reports due.
- Develop a pipeline of activity to ensure steady applications and income, including activity to maintain and build relationships with existing and prospective funders.
- Ensure high value applications go through internal approval processes, which may involve completing application appraisal reports for Board review.
- Produce and provide additional information requested by funders promptly as required.
You have experience:
- Working on a trusts and foundations programme, including research and preparing compelling applications with proven success
- Securing and managing significant and multi-year grants
- Research and developing a prospect pipeline and growing income
- Building positive relationships with prospects, funders and stakeholders
- Confident communicator both in writing and verbally
- Excellent interpersonal and relationship building skills
- Knowledge of legislation and best practice for fundraising
- Excellent IT skills, including Microsoft packages and fundraising databases
- Self-motivated and positive attitude with the ability to work under pressure and prioritise in a busy environment.
- Focused and results driven, with a readiness to seize new opportunities and source new ideas
- A creative and lateral thinker with a ﬂexible attitude to changing priorities and environment
- Knowledge of the issues of homelessness and disadvantaged people and how this relates to residents with varied and multiple support needs – desirable but not essential
When applying don't forget to answer the questions in our application process to tell us more about how you meet the skills, knowledge, and experience to be successful in this role.
At Your Place, we are passionate about creating an inclusive workplace that promotes and values diversity. We know through experience that the different ideas, perspectives and backgrounds create a stronger and more creative work environment that delivers better resident outcomes. We welcome applications irrespective of peoples age, disability, sex, gender, identity and gender expression, race or ethnicity, religion or belief, sexual orientation or other personal circumstances. We have policies and procedures in place to ensure that all applicants are treated fairly and consistently at every stage of the recruitment process, including the consideration of reasonable adjustments for people who have a disability.
This post is subject to an Enhanced DBS check and a right to work in the UK.