We're looking for a temporary Revenue & Income Officer to join Your Place and be part of our dedicated team to help us with our mission to solve homelessness in east London, one person at a time!
About the role
Based within the Resident Services team, the Revenue Officer will play a critical role to help deliver an effective and high performing rent collection and recovery service in accordance with legislation, the organisation’s policies, set performance targets and customer satisfaction requirements.
In collaboration with the RSM and RI Team Leader and Finance Team to ensure that Your Place are compliant with all regulations and using robust policy and procedures. Support with the set up of the new Pyramid system and ensuring the right systems are in place to effectively manage the Revenue and Income stream and arrears of the organisation.
Maximising the organisation’s Revenue and Income by liaising with both internal and external partners including the Resident Services, Keyworkers, HB, DWP and directly with residents., and effectively managing the arrears.
This role will also manage the impact of welfare reform provisions, ensuring an effective advice and support service to residents to manage risk on revenue and income levels.
Salary: £27-£30K per annum
Contract: Temporary Contract (until September 2024)
Hours: Monday - Friday 37.5 hours
Location: Canning Town, London
Other responsibilities include
- Investigating and support clients with Housing Benefit Appeals
- To support our project to transfer all accounts from Inform to Pyramid
- Investigate and support to manage Overpayment Claims from Housing Benefit
- Ensure rent accounts are up to date and correct. Checking HB entitlements against PC rates and requesting adjustments accordingly.
- Chasing ex resident arrears
- To manage resident rent and accommodation charge accounts and other former resident debts, on a regular basis identifying trends and patterns on individual accounts and then liaise with Support Workers or residents to rectify income issues and address arrears in line with policies and procedures
- To contribute towards the continuous improvement of performance in line with the organisation’s service plan targets
- To work collaboratively and closely with the Finance officer and Revenue and Income Team Leader to ensure all rent accounts tally.
- Demonstrable experience of working in a supported housing environment in a similar or related role for at least 5 years
- GSCE (or equivalent) in English and Maths
- Experience of working with software applications including Microsoft office and bespoke IT Systems.
- Strong organisational skills, with the ability to meet deadlines and priorities workloads.
- Able to take ownership and deliver excellent customer service in a professional and confident manner
- Demonstrate a positive, flexible approach to team working.
- Ability to communicate with residents and colleagues effectively.
- Ability to provide customer focused and responsive services.
- Willingness to work flexible hours to meet the needs of the service
- Patient and pro-active
- Commitment to the Your Place values including diversity and inclusion
- Housing or a related qualification - desirable but not essential
When applying don't forget to answer the questions in our application process to tell us more about how you meet the skills, knowledge, and experience to be successful in this role.
At Your Place, we are passionate about creating an inclusive workplace that promotes and values diversity. We know through experience that the different ideas, perspectives and backgrounds create a stronger and more creative work environment that delivers better resident outcomes. We welcome applications irrespective of peoples age, disability, sex, gender, identity and gender expression, race or ethnicity, religion or belief, sexual orientation or other personal circumstances. We have policies and procedures in place to ensure that all applicants are treated fairly and consistently at every stage of the recruitment process, including the consideration of reasonable adjustments for people who have a disability.
This post is subject to an Enhanced DBS check and a right to work in the UK.